Saturday, September 19, 2009

Quiet

Tonight I am at home....alone. It's eerie. We had planned on going to Oak Harbor to visit Lyndon's parents but one of my best friends is being induced in the morning. I have been far far away for all of my friends' births so I decided to stay and Lyndon took the kids...by himself. Scary! Actually he is a really great father and will be just fine. But for me...it's weird. Especially with all that has gone on, I'm not sure that I was really ready to be away from Isaac. I worry about him and the bond that we've recreated in the last 4+ weeks is very strong and although I know he'll be fine, I still worry. But I am tired, very tired....so I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep and will try to sleep through the night and forget about the rest....just for tonight.

Today we had Isaac's ENT appointment (aka the "nerve guru"). I must say I was quite disappointed. I was anticipating he would be very optimistic because of the hearing test that was done that showed he still had hearing in the ear. I thought the loss was minimal but he said it was pretty significant (no high pitch or quiet noises). So he offered no hope to us that the movement in his face would return. There are no tests they can or will do...only time will tell. And it could take up to a year. At the year mark, we have what we have. We just have to remember where we came from. This is when I should go back to my first posts because it really could be so much worse.

Our appointment on Friday was with the neurological surgeon and all is good there. His brain works perfect. It's still a little "shocked" so some behaviors are a little odd but all in all, he is who he was - which is awesome!

So tonight I will have a glass (or two) of wine, go to bed and wake up in the morning and remember just how blessed we are.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

A-h-h, time alone, believe me, I know too much of it myself.

I am sorry the guru was not more optimistic about things to come for Isaac. But we will continue to pray and you never know,miracles can happen. The real miracle is that that he is still with us and God loves all the little children of the world!

I have taken melatonin and it does make you a little drowsy, hope it will do the trick for Isaac.

Love Nancy