Friday, September 4, 2009

Homeward Bound

Thanks to all those who helped me in my "Please don't drip" chant. It worked!!! We are going home today!!!

I can't quite believe what we've gone through in the last 2 1/2 weeks and I don't think anyone thought we would be where we are now. Our child has come out of this with a small hearing loss and paralysis on the left side of his face. No inpatient rehab and possibly no outpatient rehab - at least on the PT side. He is running, jumping and dancing. Just like that. Miracles Happen is right!!! Thank God for answering our prayers!

They are looking into ordering a helmet as it will take 6 more weeks for the fractures to heal. During that time, he'll need to be closely watched. Some rehab will be needed - like speech and possibly some OT (occupational therapy).

I wish I could find my camera cords but again, I can't. I'll have to share pictures later.

3 comments:

ronnie said...

wow such great news that we need to all give a big thank you to God. I told you he does answer prayers no mater how negative the docs were.
love and prayers continue
ronnie and vickie

Nancy said...

YIPPEEEEE!!!! Going home!!!!

Running, jumping an dancing, holy cow! Might need some drugs to slow him down now!

Hey, he looks like a Seattle Seahawk now! LOL.

So happy to hear more good news and now you can take care of him in the comfort of your home. It will be just fine Rebecca, you'll see.

Nancy

Scrapping in Circles said...

What a blessing! It will be so special to be together as a family again. You'll do wonderfully at home. Just remember to give yourself time to adjust. You don't have to be supermom. Let people bring you meals and help you. Put a movie on for the kids if you're exhausted. Make sure you get rest because you don't to get sick with everything else on your plate. Good luck and God bless!!!