Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sitting Up

Right now we are lucky to have an army of family helping us around the clock. My parents and brother have been staying in the room with us and we all have our shifts. Justin takes the late night shift and is usually relieved by my mom around 2am to 3am. Then I join her usually around 6am and everyone takes turns throughout the day. This morning when I joined my mom around 7am - she was helping Isaac to sit up in his bed. His head is still very wobbly but he was putting his elbows back every time we tried to lay him back down. It was amazing to see and his eyes seem to be focusing much better.

The road may be long and have a few bumps but we are moving forward.

Later today I should have my camera cords and will be able to upload some nice pictures of us holding Isaac and Sydney's reunion with her brother. She is very concerned now and wants to be with him constantly. Last night she sensed by sadness and said "It's OK mommy, the doctors are going to give Isaac some medicine and make it all better". If only.....

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Good Morning Rebecca!

I am happy to hear that Isaac is coming along slowly but surely. You have a wonderful group there to help you out and they will always be there for you.

I am also glad you have this blog to update us, it is very hard to not be there for you too. I feel your every emotion.

Continuing our many prayers for you all.

Nancy

ronnie said...

i just got in from work (my weekend in the barrel) hoping and praying everything continues to progress. preachers e-mail said over quota but vickie did get issac on our prayer list at church this am.

love and prayers
ronnie and vickie

Allison said...

Rebecca,

I am a good friend of Jessica Ferguson's and just wanted to let you know that y'all have been in our thoughts and prayers. We are so encouraged that Isaac is doing better.

~Allison Wyatt

Andrea said...

I am so glad you finally got to hold him. It made me really sad to know you couldn't do that. I am still praying for you and your little strong man. You will all come out of this stronger people. Keep us all updated. I am so glad he had such caring people in his life. His sister really does love him. Take care and we are hoping for more good news.

Andrea

Jamie Martin said...

Rebeccca,

You are a strong, strong woman! Thank God for the positive updates this weekend. Isaac and your family have been in our prayers daily and will continue to be! Hang in there girl! You know if you need anything, just hollar!

Jamie Martin

Scrapping in Circles said...

The optimism of childhood is such a blessing, yet not always realistic. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers each day. May God's love give you support and strength through this difficult journey.

-Nicole Swenson (a friend of Rosie Matthew)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.