Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's not all roses

Doesn't he look better???


This afternoon it seems really hard to focus on the joy we were experiencing yesterday. The doctors allowed us to relish in the news that Isaac's MRI showed that he has no brain damage. On Tuesday we were prepared for a severely brain damaged child, if he were to live through this. What an incredible journey.

Going forward, however, we've learned our boy's brain will be "on it" just as it was but as he slowly wakes from his induced coma, it appears there is some nerve damage.

What does this mean? Well, one of the critical areas impacted by one of Isaac's fractures was at the base of his neck behind his left ear. At first glance, the doctor believed that Isaac's hearing would be completely lost in that ear. Can totally live with that - my dad doesn't have hearing in his right ear. It's really no biggie. However as he wakes today, we're seeing that pretty much the entire left side of Isaac's face has been impacted - including the way his eye dilates and contracts. Again, I need to remind myself that just five days ago, we almost lost our precious little boy. . . .

We are trying to stay positive but I would be lying if I told you that I am a ball of glee today. Things will be different than they were and the doctor told us it could be months before we know exactly how he will be going forward. Please continue to remember Isaac and our family in your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

The Hip Chick Co. said...

Sweet pea! We are praying for you sweet angel. Rebecca, I hug you! I have hope, and Jesus is on your side! Love and blessings.

ronnie said...

not real good news. our prayers are still with ya`ll, remember God can and does perform miracles from time to time. also remember if he leads you to it he`ll lead you through it. I firmly believe this. our love and prayers are still with you.

Nancy said...

I keep trying to post but not too good at this blog thing.

(((Rebecca))) I am sorry the news today was not good, but God will watch over your little one.

Our love and prayers to you all.

Nancy

Cindy Rowlands said...

Be strong, keep the faith and just take one day at a time. The prayers of my family and many others are with Issac and your family.

Cindy Rowlands

Unknown said...

Rebecca and Lyndon,

I just wanted to let you know that Isaac and your family are in my prayers. I can't say that I know what you are going through, because I can't, but I do know that with God's help, the impossible is possible. Hang in there. Naomi

mychsieh said...

Rebecca, trust in the Lord and keep your faith. God is in control!

And these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.(1Co 13:13)

Our continuing prayers and love are with Isaac and your family,
Cara

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.