Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Roller Coaster

Today has absolutely been a roller coaster. Earlier, we learned that Isaac has almost certainly lost his hearing in his left ear. It appears upon second look at his CT that the nerve has been ruptured by one of the fractures.

His numbers were high this morning, too high for me to be comfortable. Then early this afternoon, his numbers went down to 0 or 1 - awesome! However now it's hovering at around an 8. Occasionally the medicine wears off and he starts grabbing for the tubes. We are encouraged at his fighting spirit!

Please continue to pray that his swelling goes down, lift up the doctors that are working on him and pray the damage done is minimal.

I will try to contine to update. I am pretty much staying at his bedside and looking at the numbers fluctuate can be maddening. We SO appreciate all the love, prayers, positive energy and concern.

6 comments:

tommiseena said...

we do appreciate the updates, but we also understand the time you need to be with your child. you and your family continue in my prayers. may God supply doctors with the knowledge needed and the ability to heal your son.
huggsss
tommie
tims mom

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

Like the others who have commented, we do appreciate any updates you can give while not taking time away from taking care of Isaac. We were encouraged to hear that he is quite the little fighter! We will continue to pray and to "hold" him in our "hearts".

Warm hugs from Linda, Jerry, Rachel, & Bradley Tilson

Jamie Martin said...

Rebecca & family,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and especially Isaac as he fights through. Know that you have TONS of prayers coming your way. If there is anything you need, please let us know!

Super Hugs & Prayers,
Jamie Martin

Unknown said...

Dear Rebecca, Lyndon and Sydney,

May these lyrics comfort you in these difficult hours:

Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullabye

Golden slumbers fill your eyes
Smiles awake you when you rise
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullabye

Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullabye

much love,
David

GodisAwesome said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GodisAwesome said...

You don't know me but I feel like I know y'all. My name is Nikki and Im a mom of 2 kids. I just read about your son and immediatley started to pray for him, and will continue to do so. My daughter is in the hospital for pneumonia, she will be three next month. She is having a really hard time breathing and we find out in a couple of hours if she has to have surgery to remove all the fluid in her left lung. I pray that God continues to give your son and your family strength and faith, that he heals your son and gives the doctors and nurses strength and wisdom. I pray that he will be back to himself, playing and loving life soon.

God Bless you and your family,
Nikki and family