Saturday, May 31, 2008

9 Months

I can't believe Isaac turns 9 months today! It's also the last day of May - this year has been going by so fast!

We went out on the boat today with The Ferguson's which turned out to be a lovely day! It was HOT - and when I say HOT - I mean it is uncomfortable to stop the boat and be outside. However, with a breeze it's not too bad. Our usual routine on the boat includes bringing brats & dogs and stopping for a BBQ on the calm waters of Swimming Pen Creek (aka Alligator Alley!). Well the stop this time turned out to be not so enjoyable. We were all dripping with sweat (more me than anyone else) and could not go in for a dip (because of aforementioned Alligator Alley). Isaac was miserable and the poor kids have to wear those darn life jackets which are a good thing when in the water but mostly just a pain in the butt when it's so hot!


After said miserable BBQ - we headed into the main part of Doctor's Lake and went tubing. The first go-around was Jessica, I and the girls. It was OK. The girls were a little nervous so that didn't last too long before we asked Lyndon to stop and let the girls back in the boat but Jessica and I were ready for more fun! Well our fun turned out to be not so fun and Lyndon *accidentally* tipped the tube and my worst fear came true - I was swimming in alligator infested waters. I was freaked out - screamed - and swam like hell to the swim ladder. Luckily I still have all my appendages and toes. It was an adventure!


We're all worn out from the sun and are ready for a good night's sleep! Tomorrow we are heading to Disney at 5:30 in the morning to return on Tuesday afternoon. An update then!!!

No comments: