Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Peeing in the bucket

Sydney has finally really gotten the potty training thing so life has been good! We still have occasionally been having a poop accident but we're worlds beyond where we were a few months ago.

However, today the funniest thing happened. So on our boat, we have a yellow pee bucket that we use for when we gotta go! So Sydney has caught on and when she has to go, she asks us to bring out the bucket. On our vacation last week, she really came to know the pee bucket and really thinks it's cool - she's getting the hang of it!

So today, she's in her little dress and she tells me she has to go pee. Well she goes to find her Easter egg bucket (she had a woven basket for her a.m. basket and a bucket for finding eggs) and she proceeds to pee right in the bucket on our floor! I couldn't stop laughing so I surely couldn't stop her from doing it but she thought it was a completely normal thing to do in the house. Luckily for me - she made it all in the bucket!

So do I praise her for peeing in the bucket? Or correct her for not peeing in the potty? I guess we have some more explaining to do....

No comments: