Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fun in the sun!


Holy moly - what a fantastic trip we had this last week. I'll give a quick summary of some highlights of our vacation.



On Saturday, we left around noon - boat in tow - and started our trek to Mirmar Beach, FL - a 5 1/2 hour drive. We arrived at our condo about 7pm which was directly across from the Gulf of Mexico. They don't call this area of Florida the Emerald Coast for nothing. The water was an amazing shade of green towards the shore and the sand was a pure soft white - so great between your toes!



Sunday morning we woke up to beautiful blue skies. They don't call it the Sunshine State for nothing!! We just played at the beach - literally all day. It was awesome. It was great to see my mom and dad relax a bit and just have fun with the grand kids - they don't take too many vacations outside of coming to see us. We all got a bit sun kissed that day - even with the 50 SPF for the kids - both of them look like tan little Florida babies!


Monday the weather was in the mid-60s and a little overcast so we headed to the Track and spent a few hours riding go-karts, bumper boats, bumper cars and Sydney got to ride some little kid rides by herself! We dined at a place called Fudpuckers (the shirts in the gift shop say "You haven't lived unless you've been Fudpucked") - too funny!

Tuesday we decided to get in the car and explore the area. We found this great little beach side town called Seaside - totally cute and totally a tourist trap! That night - we found ourselves on a dolphin/sunset cruise - it was a little chilly but beautiful!

Wednesday we had the warm FL sun back so we took our boat out. We brought our poles and the grill - no luck fishing (even though Destin is known as the luckiest fishing spot in the world). That night Lyndon and I got to escape for a RARE date night.


Thursday we headed out on the boat again all day. We found this secluded beach and we pulled up on the sand and just played all day - we even got mom out on the tube!!!



Friday I went golfing for the first time ever with my dad. It was good! I didn't suck as bad as I thought I would - a good thing! Later, Lyndon and I rented some wave runners and had a blast!!


We were so sad to leave but are so lucky to have had this opportunity - we have created some wonderful memories as a family and can't wait for our next vacation!!!

2 comments:

Parent's-To-Be said...

What a great little vacation, I am sooooo jealous. We could really use some sun right now. I am done with the rain and SNOW in April! It definitely sounds like you had an awesome time with the family. I can't wait for us to have some family trips someday soon!

Parent's-To-Be said...

One more thing...you look FABULOUS! You are an inspiration to me. I know I will need your support come October and into the Holiday season...Yikes!