Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My thoughts on last night's American Idol

OK - so now that there are just six contestants left, I am finding myself really interested and concerned with the finalists and have decided to share my opinions. Here are my favorites in order from most to least and my notes on them and their performance last night.

David Cook - He hands down is my favorite now. I never thought he could make that song work for him - let alone the whole Broadway thing - and he rocked it. Although I think his look and wardrobe could use a bit of help - what's up with the hanging bandanna from his back pocket?

David Archuleta - So cute and such a good singer. Am a little concerned that he's 17 and too sweet - I like a little cockiness but I'm sure that comes with time.

Carly Smithson - My favorite girl by a mile. She rocked Jesus Christ Superstar and I love it when she does a song like that. Soft songs just aren't her thing.

Syesha Mercado - She's definitely growing on me but I still get annoyed she's too into herself. I also don't think she listens to the judges at all - she's too concerned with looking good for the camera. However last night she sang awesome and was quite the little actress.

Brooke White - She's moved into my bottom girl position. She just doesn't sound good at all to me - her voice is weak and I think she's only made it so far because she's so cute. She's so gracious and it was nice for awhile but now she's just bugging me.

Jason Castro - Can't get into him at all. I hate the hair and I just can't get beyond it. He's got pretty eyes - but I just noticed them once when I got beyond the hair. His voice is blah - not an idol at all to me. The only thing I've liked that's come out of his mouth was Somewhere Over the Rainbow - and he played the ukulele.

So there's my notes. P.S. I miss Michael Johns!!!

No comments: