Friday, October 9, 2009

All is Well

It's been some time since I've posted. Lately I just don't feel like I have anything good to say and life has been pretty busy for us again.

Isaac has been doing pretty well. His crazy pace has slowed somewhat and he is now in part time daycare. That's been going pretty well. Drop offs are hard - he clings to me until they peel him off...so hard as a mom to walk away from your crying babies! Right now I'm just back to work from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and that schedule has been working well. The fractures should be nice and healed by 8 weeks which is next week. I can't believe it's been so long since the accident. 8 weeks is when I'm expected to be back at work full time.

Doctor visits are still happening pretty regularly. Speech is going pretty well - she thought she detected more movement in his mouth but I really don't see it. The doctor we saw yesterday (the rehab doc) said that he's really surprised the ENT (aka Nerve Guru) didn't order some testing to see what kind of response they get from Isaac's nerves. He said he was going to look into it. He did look up the ENT's notes from our appointment back in September and read to me that the doctor does not expect that Isaac will ever see movement in that side of his face again. I have to remind myself daily to count my blessings but it's so easy to get sad about the loss.

Sydney has been doing awesome. She's such a sweet girl and it's a joy watching her transition from toddler to a little girl. Although I got my first "I don't like you mom" this morning - that was hard and a bit early for that I think!

Last weekend Lyndon and I went to the Mariners with a big group of people celebrating our friends birthday and then I spent the weekend in Edmonds. My brother is coaching pee wee football so we watched one of his team's games and then hung put with my family. It's been a long long time since we've spent time up there!

I haven't taken any new pics as I need to switch out my battery but am hoping to have some new ones this weekend!

No comments: