Thursday, June 26, 2008

So much to do - so little time!!

We are in the one week countdown for our trip to WA. We leave next Wednesday - in the afternoon. I'm starting to feel a little stressed.

Last week and this week, Sydney's been going to a place called "The Little Gym" for summer camp. She has really really been loving it and it's been great for her mobility, flexibility and just for her to wear off a little energy! Last week was Western Week and this week is Pirate Week. Lydia's there with her for Pirate week so that makes it even better!!

One thing that's been keeping me busy is I've started to apply for some jobs in Washington. Currently, our plan is for Lyndon to drive the kids and I out for Thanksgiving - then he would fly back alone. He would visit again for Christmas and then move home permanently in February when he separates from the Navy. However, things could change at any moment. We really want to get me and the kids out there ahead of time so I can establish employment, find somewhere for us to live and get the benefits kicked in so by the time he's out of the military, we're covered. We have some very good friends who work for the State of Washington and most of the jobs I've been looking at are down in Olympia. We've visited there a lot in the last few years and we really enjoy the area - so we're leaning towards moving in that direction. The hiring process can take some time so I'm feeling out the waters now. If something works out earlier than planned, our move could be bumped up. So that's a big topic of discussion in the Linville household!

Trying to figure out what to pack has been taking some thinking as well. Our airline allows one free bag per person but the rest we have to pay for. It's not too expensive - but still - we're trying to be smart about what to bring. With four of us and having to haul a car seat, it's a bit of stuff we have to bring!

I've been making extra time for double workouts as well these days. I've gotten into a great rhythm at the gym and I go daily at 9:15 and then Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 in the evening. I'm just still trying to work this baby weight off....plus some. Since February I've lost 25 pounds - but still have a chunk to lose!

So that's our life in a nutshell lately. We're so excited for our trip and to see as many friends and family as possible. Weekends always seem to go so quickly but weekdays look really wide open so hopefully we'll be able to fit some visits in there as well....

I'll try to post some pics. soon!!!

No comments: