Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Long Time No Blog

I just haven't been hanging out on the computer very much. Since Sydney's been on "vacation" from preschool, we've been busy with activities that have kept us on the go. We've been lucky to see our friends The Brook's a couple of times in the last week - we always have so much fun with them. Other than that, we haven't really been doing much out of the ordinary - mornings usually go by quickly getting everyone ready and we make it to the gym almost every day around 9am. We all love going to the gym - Sydney has made good buddies, Isaac loves crawling around playing with the variety of toys and I just love my group exercise classes. I don't think I've mentioned much about my knee injuries but since January, I've been plagued by horrible knee pain that keeps reoccurring. In May, I learned I had a slightly torn meniscus and have been having to take it easy. Just when my left knee was feeling better, I injured my right one. For the past few weeks, my knee pain has been virtually non-existent and life has been good. I'm happy being able to release my stresses in a kickboxing, weight lifting or zumba class!!!

The past few days I've been feeling so sad due to the passing of Tim Russert. I was an occasional Meet The Press viewer and more often caught him on The Today Show. It was always obvious to me what a kind man he was and how in a world of such negative politics - he never came across as malicious to anyone he interviewed. He truly just wanted to make our country better and get to the root of any issues on the table. It has kind of taken me by surprised how emotional his death has made me. I've never really had someone taken from MY life so unexpectedly and watching the people who were close to Tim go through both celebrating his life and mourning his passing has been both humbling and inspiring. In particular, the interview with his son Luke was just so moving - what an incredible young man and what an incredible father Tim Russert was. One thing I've taken from this is that we just don't know what is going to happen to our loved ones so telling people how we feel about them is just so important! So those thoughts have been on the forefront of my mind lately. . . .

Speaking of. . . .a belated Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Dad. I feel so lucky to have had him as MY dad - he has always been there for me - to guide me, advise me and love me - no matter what. I love you daddy!

Also, we're very much looking forward to our trip home - two weeks from tomorrow! This will be our last trip home before the big move!!

More regular updates to come. . . .

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

I'm so glad your knees are feeling better!

Tim Russert's death really threw me for a loop, too. I only watched him on the Today show but I really liked him. And he was so young! I feel for his family.