Monday, March 1, 2010

Muscle Atrophy

Today was our first "normal" day with Lyndon being back to work, Sydney going to school and Isaac and I home together. It went pretty well but Isaac seems to be in a bit of pain. He has this new very sad cry that makes me want to cry. He doesn't tell me that he hurts and actually says no when I ask if he's in pain but his cry just sounds like he's so very sad - like frustrated and upset and everything wrapped into this whimper.

Tonight I'm trying to google to find out how long it takes for a muscle to die and I'm having a heck of a time! Finding the right word combo can be so frustrating. "Facial paralysis muscle atrophy", "Facial paralysis muscle died". I just want to be very prepared and educated for our post-op visit to understand everything a little bit better.

I think I may be giving up soon and heading for bed!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Rebecca sweetie, you didn't do anything bad in your life, this just happened. God loves you and he loves Isaac and nothing mattes more than that love. You are not being punished dear.

I am wondering if there are any support groups for this. Being around others who are going through something similar might not be a bad idea.

These feelings you have are very normal and understandable too. You will get past this and I know that is easy for me to say because I am not the one going through it. You will reach a point where it will just not matter.

You love him so and are probably already fast forwarding to his future and that some kids will make fun of him and he may have some hard times and you don't want that. No one does. Just think of how cruel some people can be to others even without a reason to be.

I believe that Isaac is a very special little boy and that God will help all of you as a family to get through this life, no matter what. Now, you know I am not very religious, but I truly believe that he will. God takes care of his children, do not forget that.

Love, nancy

merrystephens said...

I justwanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your sweet boy all the time. I check in often and am always amazed at how you are able to express so clearly what you are going through. You are an incredible woman and mother. And you have moms standing by to support you.

Merry Stephens