Thursday, September 11, 2008

MIAMI!

I'm finally posting about my FUN trip to MIAMI this past weekend! It was definitely a well deserved trip for my friend Jessica and I. With our family's impending departure from Florida, I definitely had to take advantage of a free weekend and take a mommy's getaway with my Florida BFF!

We left Friday night when the hubby's got home from work and took a fabulous road trip down to Miami. The scenery was at times beautiful and at times full of landfills but nothing could stop us from enjoying our time together, chatting, listening to music WE loved and not having to stop to change movies, take kids to go potty or anything of the sort!

We arrived in MIAMI around 10pm - bedtime for most - but the beginning of the nightlife in MIAMI. Sooooo, we of course had to take advantage of every minute of our free-time and met some of Jessica's friends out at an Irish bar in South Beach. Totally my kind of place - beer drinking, fun-having kinda people! It was great. We played pool and just had a good time relaxing with the locals. It was a late night but it was no biggie since we were able to sleep in until 10am the next morning! Seriously, when was the last time that happened? Definitely NOT since Sydney was born!!!



Saturday after we woke up we hit South Beach. Books, magazines and chairs in hand, we relaxed. It was one of the most carefree times I can remember. We chatted, watched the beach-goers, had a few cocktails and floated in the water. It was GREAT! We even saw a guy being arrested on the beach and saw some paparazzi scoping out the crowd! Being a Washingtonian, the only beaches I know are rocky and bunny up against cold waters! This water was warm - but still a relief from the hot Miami weather - it was great. After our beach excursion, I was happy (but burned) and we hit a Cuban dive form some dinner - it was memorable.



Saturday night was the most interesting. We headed back to our familiar Irish Pub and decided our night had to be more memorable than that - seeing as how we were in South Beach and all! So we hitched a ride with some unknown locals and they brought us to this club called The Fifth. We got some lucky VIP passes there and hung out with this fabulous makeup/hair artist guy and his entourage and danced the night away. Anyone who knows me knows how I can dance the night away!

Needless to say, it was a late night but we made it home and were so happy to return to our lovely families and especially our lovely husbands who supported our grand girlie getaway! Lyndon is such a wonderful daddy and I'm so proud he's such a competent and hands on dad!

Seriously though - we all need our girls!!! Never trust a girl who doesn't have girlfriends!

I missed my children very much but I really felt refreshed when I returned!!!

No comments: